Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hammer gone postal

This is a little outside my usual orbit, but, say, how cool is this series of Hammer horror stamps just issued by the British postal service? Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the release of the first Christopher Lee Dracula film, the set includes the original poster artwork for that film, The Curse of Frankenstein and The Mummy. Also included are some posters from the Carry On films, which are also celebrating their 50th birthday. Judging from my intentionally limited exposure to British titty humor, I imagine I'd rather gnaw my own eyes out than watch any of those particular films, but some of the posters look kind of cool anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are super cool!

Hey, what do you have against British titty humor?! I suppose it's along the lines of Benny Hill, right? Call me shallow, but I was quite a Benny Hill fan when I was ten years old. But yeah, watching something like that past that age is probably a sign of some deep psychological disturbance.

Nevertheless, those Carry On posters due look enticing. And besides, haven't you already gnawed your eyes out a few times already with your questionable diet of films?! ;)

Todd said...

Yes, it turns out that the eye is an incredibly resilient organ.